Wherever I turn on Social Media Platforms, people are travelling – from business trips to spontaneous getaways, travelling is definitely a big hit this season.
I love traveling, even though I haven’t done much of it ( which makes my list of ‘countries to visit ever-growing.) I am fascinated with other countries and cities – from culture, lifestyle, people, food, clothes to the architecture and languages.
It is such an enriching experience , that I don’t think you can ever compare to anything else. It opens your mind to different experiences, possibilities and structures, which I think really helps allow us to put our lives into perspective.
But alongside the open mindedness, comes the luxury of travelling. The enjoyment, tourist craze side of things, where eating out every night and taking thousands of pictures, shamelessly is a day in the life.
So, I thought that since endless travels are not on most peoples radar at the moment, I’d compile a little bucket list/ inspiration post with all the cities/ countries I would love to visit.
**Disclaimer** These photo’s are NOT mine, and belong to the respective accounts – links are provided, simply click on the captions to be redirected to the respective owners pages. I have used these images for the sole purpose of a travel inspiration board, and have selected the photo’s as I admire them.
Most of the inspiration for this post, came from the beautiful Amelia Liana ( who I am sure you all know) Her travel diaries are so beautiful and have persuaded me to visit places I never thought I would want to!
- Starting a little closer to home, the first place I would love to visit is Paris, France. I know that many may think that this is a slight cliché but I have never been and being an avid fashion lover and enthusiast, I feel it mandatory for me to visit this beautiful city.
- I didn’t mention a particular city, because I want to see them all! Rome, Venice, Milan, Tuscany, Verona you name it. I have such a fascination with Italy – and pretty much live off Italian food, that It is definitely a must see place on my list.
- Vienna, Austria. I don’t know a lot about Austria, but the beautiful streets and architecture was enough for me. I have a fascination with places that are very cultured and have a good history, so Vienna is definitely one of these places.
- St Petersburg, Russia. Never would I have thought I would say, “I want to visit Russia” it just never crossed my mind before, but after seeing Amelia’s Instagram photo’s from her trip in St Petersburg, I am convinced that it is a place that I would enjoy.
- New York. Most people have visited the States, if not once that multiple times before, but unfortunately I am not one those lucky people! In my eyes I don’t even think New York needs a justification – it’s New York. Skyscrapers, Street Style, buzzing atmosphere and beautiful streets – it has been a dream of mine, since I was a kid.
- Vietnam and Thailand. There is one overriding reason for these two places – THE FOOD. South East Asian cuisine is one of my favorites, and I do not think it gets any better for a foodie, than to eat a cuisine in its country of origin.
- Spain. The weather, the food, the people, the language, history and architecture. Saving the best for last, is a country that encompasses everything I love about travelling. Spain is a place I desperately want to see, and I hope it gets to be my next Summer holiday ( fingers crossed!)