I have been nominated for a blogger award. Yes that is taking some time to sink in, I’m not going to lie. Now in all honesty, this is actually my second nomination, for a blogger award but I unfortunately couldn’t write about the first one because I just didn’t have a lot of time! So I refuse to let that happen again, and am going to graciously bore you to death with some amazing mediocre facts about my life!
I am a new blogger, and any sort of feedback/ reaction ( positive of course) that I get from my blog, honestly makes me so happy- even if it’s just a simple “like”. So I was super excited when the lovely and beautiful Faz, from, Living Like Parisienne nominated me! Faz has an amazing blog, and I genuinely mean that – her content is so insightful, really easy to read an relatable too, I mean what else do you need? So if you love reading about fashion/beauty/ lifestyle you might want to stop by her blog!
Essentially what I have to do, is tell you guys eleven facts about myself and then and then answer eleven questions that Faz has given me – so if you think you might like reading the answers, stick around! I’d love to hear your thoughts on some of them!
So without further or do – let’s get into it!
11 Facts about me ( I’ll try not to bore you!)
- I have just moved to back to London from South Africa !
- I live on Social Media, yet my social life is non-existent, so I pretty much just stalk people ( in a non-creepy way of course)
- I like to read, but rarely ever finish a book cover to cover?
- I am ridiculously clumsy.
- I am socially awkward in most situations
- Going into Selfridges gives me anxiety
- I am 5’5
- I can be seriously stubborn sometimes
- This is my second attempt at a blog ( because we don’t give up!)
- I like food, but cannot cook to save my life.
- I am convinced my skin hates me, because it never co-operates.
My Response to Faz’s Questions:
What do you like most about your blog?
The honesty and transparency in my posts.
How do you like to spend a Monday morning?
I hate mornings, I am not a morning person at all – no matter how much I try, let alone a Monday morning, but I am trying to change this, so I’ll let you know on the progress!
Is there something that never fails to brighten your mood?
Being with friends and family, no doubt; but now that I’ve moved overseas and don’t have those people I’ll have to find a new way to brighten my mood! I’m almost 100% sure that it will end up being retail therapy ( I have no self control, it’s terrible!)
If you could pick one fictional person to be your best friend, who would you choose?
Louisa Clark, from “Me Before You” I love her optimism and compassion!
Where do you see your blog in five years’ time?
Hopefully I will have an established voice. I just want people to feel happy/ understood when they come here, and I would love for that ethos to reach a wide audience.
Which is your favourite social media platform?
Do you prefer holidays where you can relax, or holidays filled with activities?
I prefer city’s over Beach holidays, because I get bored quite easily, and love the energy in a city, but at the same time, I hate holiday’s jam packed with things to do – so I’d say I’m somewhere in between.
What’s your favourite opening line of a book?
I’m more for closing lines. So I don’t have one.
Coca Cola or Pepsi?
I’m not too fussed, both taste good, but from a morality perspective I’d go with Pepsi!
Has your blogging style changed since you first started out?
Yes. Very much. I am not the same person I was when I was sixteen, so I would say in particular my writing style has evolved quite a bit.
Do you believe in horoscopes?
No, they are too positive and always too good to be true – really wish this wasn’t the case though.
So there you have it!
This is what you have to do :
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions from your nominator
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (and tell them they’ve been nominated)* I only nominated eight because I’m still a new blogger, and don’t know that many people yet!
- Ask them 11 questions
- What made you start blogging?
- What advice would you give to a new blogger?
- Are you an introvert or extrovert?
- What’s your favourite colour? and why?
- Which city would you love to visit someday?
- Bags or shoes?
- Which book has left you feeling inspired?
- Do you prefer late nights or early mornings?
- Favourite quote?
- If you could be any blogger for a day, who would it be?
- What type of blog content/ posts do you like/ prefer reading?